BARANGAY SAN GABRIEL
This barrio was established on the year 1888, during that time when the Spanish Government is ruling the Philippines. It has a population of 1,367, consisting of 266 families. This is a place inhabited by peaceful joyful people and a healthy and clean environment with ornamental plants and fruit trees and large trees with wide branches that induce a fresh air and pleasant odor. This barrio is conveniently located beside and at the back of the historic Barasoain Church, the seat of the First Philippine Republic.
The name San Gabriel was given by an old priest assigned at the place in honor of the Saint Gabriel Archangel since then, it was widely known as San Gabriel, more distinctly near the Barasoain Church. The image of the San Gabriel was in the beginning kept and taken cared of is the house of a church leader. Mr. Domingo Justo up to the time when church people the youth and elders of the barrio and thru the help of other charitable people, built their own chapel and since then, the Saint was permanently enshrined there.
2,952 source Pamahalaang Barangay 2018