BARANGAY SAN VICENTE
Before the Spanish missionaries came to the town of Malolos in 1580 , the river banks starting from the northern part of Plaridel thickly inhabited by the natives of the place. So when the catholic church of Malolos now the Basilica Minored, was erected in the central district and the Casa Real was renovated to ceramic tiles, the names of the different barrios who were greatly inhabited were divided to form other barrios, Almost all of the barrio were named after their patron saints. These barrios along the river near Casa Real, among them Sto. Rosario is the south of Cathedral, in the southwest is Sto. Nino, in the south is Santiago in opposite of the river that were Casa Real is located is San Agustin and in the northeast is the San Vicente.
Being in the center of the Poblacion, San Vicente is the site of the first Public Market and the first Chinese traders store Li Ang. Many houses and stores soon were constructed both side of the river Liang and San Vicente. The first chapel was constructed opposite the Public Market, now the property of Mr. Jose PW. Tantoco when Don Tomas Tanchangco was governor, many distinguished personalities visited his place among them Fr. Jose Burgos and Dr. Jose Rizal in 1869. When the Public Market was constructed to a bigger one, the chapel was transferred near the bridge of the barrio. Among others there are other historical edifices of firearms and ammunitions during the First Philippine Republic. Ancestral house of Basilica Tantoco, Juan Tantoco, now the site of Papers, Cesar Tantoco headquarters of Gen. Mac Arthur.
2,007 as of 2007 Source: NSO Census of Population, 2007