A remote barrio measuring about 3000 square kilometers. In the northeast is bounded by the Balayong river, In the northwest, is bounded by barrio Bagna, crossed the Langaray river, traversing the Parila river and then exited the Paombong river into Pangagtan, adjacent to Barangay Masile, two-thirds of the total area are inhabited by palm trees or “sasahan”, that is the reason, the place was called “PANASAHAN”. The remaining one third are the agricultural lands and a little portion are wooden trees, In the year 1500, its residents are living separately according to their means of livelihood. Farmers resides rear their farmlands, fisherman are along the river, and the “mananasa o magtutuba” are living inside the palm plantation.
According to the records of the church, Panasahan is one of the oldest barrio of Malolos. Proof of this is that in the year 1700, there are already a large number from Panasahan who were baptized in the Roman Catholic Church is the Poblacion. This barrio is comprised of “Sitios, Tawiran, Pinagkaisuhan, Masusuwi, Lagyo, Malabatuhan” and others. A native Catholic priest by the name Padre Agaton started the propagation of the Catholic faith in the barrio. He started building chapels made of nipa hut and bamboo in the different sitios of the barrio.
Due to the resurgence f sea pirates in the coastal areas, many of the residents there resettled near the “Camino Provincial” thus paving the way for celebration of their fiesta thru the HERMANO MAYOR. The chapel in Sitio Lagyo and Pinagkaisuhan were neglected until it was destroyed, while the biggest the chapel in the central District was reconstructed and made of concrete and wooden materials and galvanized iron sheets as roofing, thru leadership of an old woman named Alfonsa Estrella “Tandang Ponsa” to the residents. It was believed hat the coming of the image of St. Joseph, their patron Saint is a miracle because they did not recall where it came from, St. Joseph was emulated by the heads of the family as a role model father and a responsible head of the family. The early residents have farming and fishing as their principal source of livelihood. It was told that in 1924, the leadership of the Catholic activities there were entrusted to a set of leaders, but in June 16, 1980, the Parish of St. Joseph in Panasahan was established by virtue of an official proclamation of then Bishop Cirilo Almario of the Diocese of Malolos. The parish covered the other nearly barrio of Bagna, Balayong, Matimbo, Mambog, Taal, Niugan, Bangkal. Its first Parish Priest is Fr. Jose Aguilar, and they celebrate their fiesta every March 19 to commemorate the death of St. Joseph and also May 1, Labor Day.
B. PHYSICAL LOCATION
C. BARANGAY OFFICIALS
Celerino F. Aniag. - Barangay Captain
- Gilbert P. Mendiola
- Rolando P. Torres Jr.
- Brenda B. De Guzman
- Asuncion E. Nebre
- Rasul Joselito A. Abayan
- Joseph Dindo E. Fernando
- Remigio E. Cervantes Jr.
Reynaldo C. Pineda - Secretary
Eduardo M. Caballero - Treasurer
- 8,024 as of 2007 Source: NSO Census of Population, 2007