Republic of the Philippines
Province of Bulacan
City of Malolos
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 02-2010
RENAMING THE CITY DISASTER COORDINATING COUNCIL (CDCC) TO THE DISASTER MANAGEMENTCOUNCIL (CDMC), REORGANIZING THE COMPOSITION AND ESTABLISHING FUNCTIONS OF THE COUNCIL
WHEREAS, the City of Malolos, due to its geographic location is always beset by catastrophe both natural and man-made. And these catastrophic events bring burdens to the Maloleños socially, economically and psychologically particularly the victims or the affected families.
WHEREAS, Sec. 1 (d) of PD 1566 or “ Strengthening the Philippine Disaster Control Capability and establishing the National Program on Community Disaster Preparedness” states that responsibility for leadership rest on the City Mayor as Local Chief Executive;
WHEREAS, Moreover, Sec. 1 (b) of PD 1566, expresses that each political and administrative subdivision of the country shall utilized all available resources in the area before asking for assistance from neighboring entities or higher authority; and sec 4 (c) of the same PD provides for the constitution of the City Disaster Coordinating Council, composition of membership and establishment of its center;
WHEREAS, Likewise, Section 455 par. B (vii) of the Local Government Code of 1991 and Sec. 324 (d) amended by RA 8185 states that the Local Government Units shall adopt measures to protect its inhabitants from harmful effects of man-made or natural calamities and to provide relief services and assistance to victims during and in the aftermath disaster and in their return to productive livelihood after disaster events;
WHEREAS, Administrative Order No. 10-01 – 2004 dated _________, 2001 reestablished the City Disaster Coordinating Council (CDCC) and reorganized the composition of the council to ensure protection of lives and properties during calamities;
WHEREAS, there is essential need to further strengthen and reorganize the council to be more responsive to Maloleños;;
WHEREAS, in order to highlight the efforts to strengthen the council, CDCC must be rename
NOW, THEREFORE, I CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD, Mayor of the City of Malolos, by virtue of the power vested in me by law, do hereby rename the City Disaster Coordinating Council (CDCC) to the City Disaster Management Council (CDMC) reorganize its composition, and establish function with the fallowing provision;
Section 1. COMPOSITION,
|Vice-Chairman & Action Office||Chief of Police, PNP-City of Malolos|
|Deputy Action Officer||City Administrator|
|Deputized Executive Officer||City Health Officer, Representative|
|Members||51 Barangay Disaster Coordinating Councils|
|Chairman Committee on Agriculture-SP|
|Chairman Committee on Peace and Order-SP|
|Chairman Committee on Public Works-SP|
|Chairman Committee on Environment-SP|
|Chairman Committee on Women, Family, Social Service, SP|
|Private Sectors||Civic and Professional Organizations|
|(STAFF COMPONENT)||Monitoring and Disaster Analysis|
|Leader||City Health Officer|
|City Information Officer|
|Plans and Operations|
|Members||City Health Officer|
|City Planning & Development Coordinator|
|City Fire Marshalls|
|Communication and Warning|
|Leader||City Information Office|
|Supplies and Transportation|
|Leader||City General Services Office|
|Members||City Treasurer’s Office|
|City Accounting Office|
|City Budget Office|
|City Civil Registrar’s Office|
|City Training Employment Cooperative and Tourism Office|
|Leader||Chief of Police, City of Malolos|
|Members||Police Officers-PNP Malolos|
|Leader||City Information Officer|
|Members||Police Officers, City Of Malolos PNP|
|Rescue and Evacuation|
|Members||City General Services Office|
|City Planning and development Coordinator|
|City Population Officer|
|City Legal Officer|
|Civic Organization (Rescue Volunteer)|
|Relief & Rehabilitation|
|Leader||City Social Welfare and Development Officer|
|City General Services Officer|
|City Population Officer|
|PNP-City of Malolos|
|Leader||City Health Officer|
|Members||Rural Health Physicians-RHU I-IV|
|Leader||City Fire Marshall|
|Members||City Budget Officer|
|Members||Civic Organization (Volunteer)|
Section 2. FUNCTION,
- Convene as often as necessary to effectively coordinate the effort on disaster preparedness emergency operations and recovery and rehabilitation activities.
- Call on the other departments, bureau, agencies, instrumentalities and corporation of government and the private sector for assistance in preparing for, reacting to and recovering from the effect of disaster and civil emergencies.
- Advice the Brgy. Disaster Coordinating Council (BDCCs) regarding disaster management.
- Promulgate its own manual of operation for the guidance of current and future members;
- Coordinate from the barangays disaster operations activities.
- Implement within the city the guidelines set by the RDCC/PDMC and submitted recommendations as necessary;
- Place the Barangay DCCs and its tasked units under the operational control of the CDMC during an emergency which affect the Baranggay.;
- All members of the council shall make available their personnel, facilities, and expertise effectively carry out the function of the Council. ;
The Council, in discharging its function shall utilize the facilities and services of the City Administrator which will be known as the City Disaster Operation Center (CDOC).
- Coordinate the activities and functions of the various government agencies as instrumentalities and private institutions and civic organization to implement the policy set by the CDMC relative to disaster management.
- Prepare and disseminate disaster control manuals and other publications related measure on disaster prevention, control and mitigation: and
- Advice the Chairman on matters concerning disaster management;
- Prepare the agenda of the meeting and send notices to the members and representatives.
- Take note of proceedings and certify to it’s correctness for approval in the next meeting.
- Receive incoming communication and take custody of all disaster related documents.
Policy guidelines relative to sub committees and its function should be issued within thirty (30) days upon approval of this Order,
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately upon signing.
Done this July 13, 2010 in the City of Malolos, Bulacan.
ATTY.CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD