Republic of the Philippines
Province of Bulacan
City of Malolos
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 06-2010
RE-ORGANIZING THE LOCAL SCHOOL
WHEREAS, Section 98 (b) of the Local Government Code of 1991 provides that “there shall be established in every municipality a Local School Board.
WHEREAS, Local Government Unit shall hold responsibility of the re-organization of the Local School Board as per Local government Code 1991;.
NOW, THEREFORE, I CHRISTAIN D. NATIVIDAD, City Mayor of the City of Malolos, Bulacan, by virtue of the power vested in me, do hereby order the re-organization of the local School Board
Section 1. Composition – The Local School Board shall be composed of the following:
|Chairman :||CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD
|Co-Chairman :||DR. ZENIA G. MOSTOLES
City School Division Superintendent
|Members :||LAURENS JAN G. DOMINGO
Chairman, Committee on Education
|ODETTE T. FRANCISCO
Acting City Treasurer
|MAYLEN C. PAGTALUNAN
|NON-TEACHING PERSONNEL REPRESENTATIVE
THE PTC PRESIDENT
THE TEACHER’S CLUB PRESIDENT
Section 2. Function – The City School Board shall exercise the fallowing function and duties:
- Determine in accordance with the criteria set by the department of Education , the annual supplementary budgetary need for the operation and maintenance of public school within the City, and supplementary local cost of meeting needs, which shall be reflected in the form of an annual school board budget, corresponding to its share of the proceeds of the special levy on the real property constituting the Special Education Fund (SEF).
- Authorize the Municipal treasurer, as the case maybe, to disburse funds from the SEF pursuant to budget prepared and in accordance with applicable existing rules and regulation.
- Serve as advisory committee to the Sanggunian concerned on educational matters , such as but not limited to the necessity for and the uses of local appointment for educational purposes
- Recommend changes in the names of Public School within the territorial jurisdiction of the LGU for enactment by the sanggunian concerned.
Section 3. Meeting and Quorum:
- The City School Board shall meet at least once a month or as often as may be necessary.
- Any of the Co-Chairman may call a meeting. A majority of all members shall constitute a quorum. However when both co-chairman are present in a meeting the Local Chief Executive concerned, as matter of protocol shall be given preferences to preside over the meeting.
Section 4. Consultation – The Dep-Ed shall consult the local school board on the appointment of division Superintendents, district supervisors, school principals, and other school official
Section 5. Effectivity – The re-organization of the Local School Board shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Malolos, Bulacan this 2nd day of August in the year of our lord two thousand and ten.
ATTY.CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD