Republic of the Philippines
Province of Bulacan
City of Malolos
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 17-2011
AN ORDER CREATING THE CITY OF MALOLOS TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE
WHEREAS, Municipal Ordinance No. 15-2001 being recognized as the traffic code of the Municipality of Malolos also provides for the creation of traffic management and Tricycles Regulatory Office (TMTRO) to effectively implement the provision of such ordinance
WHEREAS, for the operation of tricycle and pedicab, also included in Municipal Ordinance No. 15-2001 is the creation of the Municipal Tricycle and Pedicab Franchising Regulatory Board (MTPFRB)
WHEREAS, part of the power and function of MTPFRB is to assure that the operators and drivers of tricycle and pedicab complied with all the rules provided in the ordinance
WHEREAS, the plantilla position of Traffic Management and Tricycle Regulatory Office or TMTRO as indicated in the ordinance were not being implemented and that the functions were not being applied and carried out which resulted to ineffective management.
WHEREAS, due to the existing number of transport services and base on the fact there is in need to ensure the effective implementation of Municipal Ordinance No. 15-2001 and need to cope with and support the duties, function and responsibilities of the TMTRO
WHEREAS, the MTPFRB is the policy making body of the transport sector and has no power to appoint the needed personnel to implement the policy approved;
WHEREAS, Chapter 3 Article One Section 455 (b) (2) (iii) of the Local Government Code states that the City Mayor as the part of the power and for efficient and effective governance and enforcement of of laws and ordinance shall issue executive orders for the faithful and appropriate enforcement and execution of laws and ordinance.
NOW THEREFORE, I, ATTY. CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD, City Mayor of Malolos, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the creation of Traffic Management Task Forcee.
Section I. BAC COMPOSITION
|EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE||Members of the Municipal Tricycle-Pedicab
Franchising and Regulatory Board (MTPFRB)
Committee on Enforcement
|TEAM LEADER||JONATHAN VILORIA
Traffic Management Office
|NICANOR DR. SANTOS
City Administrator’s Office
CA Office, Tricycle Franchising
|MANUEL DE BELEN
Barangay Affairs Bureau
|MR. RUBEN SAKAY
|MR. SERAFIN BOGNOT
Section II. Duties and Function (Enforcement Committee)
- Monitor the operation of tricycle and other PUV and verify the validity of franchise, permit and registration issued by the City Government;
- Conduct random inspection and verify the legality of parking and terminal utilized by the transport group or association.
- Prepare and submit recommendation to the Executive Committee (MTPFRB) on the programs and schemes that may be implemented as a result of monitoring and inspection conducted for the development of traffic situation in the City of Malolos
- Advise all illegal operators and drivers on the provision of laws and ordinances being implemented and assist them on how to apply for the legality of operation if possible depends on the availability of franchised issue
- Refer to competent authority or issue TCT/TVR to operators, drivers, and group/organization who committed violation provided in Municipal Ordinance 15-2001
- Manage towing and impoundment of illegally parked vehicles and vehicle with drivers committed violation in the same penalty: and
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the MTPFRB
Section III. Meetings
The Task Force shall meet every Friday of the week at any given time to be set by the team leader
Section IV. EFFECTIVITY
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately..
Done this 26th day of October 2011, in the City of Malolos, Bulacan.
ATTY.CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD