Republic of the Philippines
Province of Bulacan
City of Malolos
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2-2012
AN ORDER CREATING THE LOCAL COMMITTEE AGAINST SQUATING SYNDICATE THE PROFESSIONAL SQUATTERS (LCASSPS)
WHEREAS, the proliferation of professional squatters and squatting syndicate has been a rampant perennial problem and continue to besiege the country in nationwide scale not only in the urban areas but in the rural areas as well;
WHEREAS, Section 27 of Republic Act 7279 or the Urban Development and Housing Act 1992 states that the local government units, in cooperation with the Philippine National Police, the Presidential Commission for the Urban Poor (PUP) and the PCUP accredited urban poor organization in the area, shall adopt measure to identify and effectively curtail the nefarious and illegal activities of professional squatters and squatting syndicate.
WHEREAS, Section 2.2.1 of executive Order No. 129, dated October 15, 1993 establishes an institutional mechanism to curtail the activities of professional squatting syndicate and professional squatters and intensifying the drive against them:
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 153 dated December 10, 2002 amended the executive order no. 129 and setting the implementing guidelines as indicated in section 9, instituting the National Drive to Suppress and Eradicate Professional Squatting and Squatting Syndicate.
WHEREAS, Section 29 and 32 of RA 7160 also known as the Local Government Code, providing respectively the power of supervision by the province over component cities and municipalities and by the cities and municipalities over their respective barangay
WHEREAS, the Department of Interior and Local Government issued a memorandum Circular No. 2012-04 directing all the City, Municipal Mayors and Members of Sanggunian and DILG Regional Directors to create a Local Committees Against Squatting Syndicate and Professional Squatters (LCASSPS) and /or similar bodies.
NOW THEREFORE, I, ATTY. CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD, City Mayor of Malolos, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the creation of the Local Committee Against Squatting Syndicate and Professional Squatters (LCASSPS) of this City.
Section I. COMPOSITION
|Chairman -||HON. ATTY. CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD
|Members -||P/SUPT DAVID N. POKLAY
Chief of PNP-City of Malolos
|HON. DIONISIO C. MENDOZA
City Councilor – ABC President
|MR. BUTCH LA TORRE
|MR. DOMINGO BALUSO (Damayan HOA)
President PCUP-accredited Urban Poor Organization
|MARY ANN E. POLICARPIO
|MR. ANTONIO B. FAJARDO
Representative, Private Sector-HOPE
|Secretariat -||City Planning and Development Offices|
Section II. POWER AND FUNCTIONS
- Adopt the necessary measure to identify and effectively curtail the activities of professional squatters and squatting syndicates, including the names of public official and/or private individuals or entities suspected of abetting or tolerating the commission said acts:
- Provide the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) and the National Housing Authority (NHA) copies of the list of identified professional squatters and squatting syndicates in order to safeguard against their inclusion in future government housing programs/projects and recommend their disqualification in existing programs;
- Provide legal assistance to victims of professional squatters and squatting syndicates giving priority to small property owners and make available, through the PNP and the DOJ, a consolidated complaint list of professional squatters and squatting syndicates.
- File or assist the complainant in filing the appropriate charges before the Prosecutor’s Office
- Undertake investigation of cases of violence of laws or rules on eviction and demolition forwarded to it and recommend appropriate actions on the same or concerned agencies
- Monitor eviction and demolition activities and establish its own monitoring system
- Submit reports to the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) and to the Office of the President, copy furnished the concerned agencies involved in the implementation of RA 7279; and
- Request for assistance from any government entity, if necessary.
Section III. MEETINGS
The members of the committee shall meet every last Friday of the month or any at given date and time to called by the Chairman on his designated permanent representative.
Section III. MEETINGS
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hands and seal this 2nd day of February, 2012 in the City of Malolos.
ATTY.CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD