Republic of the Philippines
Province of Bulacan
City of Malolos
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 03-2012
AN ORDER CREATING THE LOCAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ON ORGANIC AGRICULTURE, THEREBY PROVIDING ITS COMPOSITION AND FUNCTIONS.
WHEREAS, the Declaration of Principles and State Policies of the 1987 Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines mandates that the State shall protect and advance the right of the people to a balanced and healthful ecology in accord with the rhythm and harmony of nature;
WHEREAS, the general welfare clause of the Local Government Code of 1991 reiterates that every local government unit shall ensure and promote the health and safety, and enhance the right of the people to a balanced ecology;
WHEREAS, the observation of organic agriculture ensures, promotes, and enhances the right of the people to a balanced ecology by providing for the dramatic reduction of external inputs by refraining from the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and pharmaceutical products.
WHEREAS, the Organic Agriculture Act of 2010 upholds the policy of the State to promote, propagate, develop further and implement the practice of organic agriculture in the Philippines;
WHEREAS, the creation of a Local Executive Committee on Organic Agriculture finds its legal justification in the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Organic Agriculture Act of 2010;
WHEREAS, Section 455 (b) iii of the Local Government Code of 1991 authorizes and empowers the City Mayor to issue such executive orders for the faithful and appropriate enforcement and execution of laws and ordinances;
NOW THEREFORE, I, CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD, Local Chief Executive of the City of Malolos in the Province of Bulacan, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the creation of the City Executive Committee on Organic Agriculture with the following provisions:
SECTION I. Composition of the Local Executive Committee on Agriculture
|Chairman||Hon. Christian D. Natividad
|Vice Chairman||Hon. Gilbert T. Gatchalian
City Vice Mayor
|Secretariat||Office of the City Agriculturist|
|Members||Hon. Laurence Jan D. Domingo
Sangguniang Panlungsod Chairperson, Committee on Agriculture
Sangguniang Panlungsod Chairperson,
Committee on Environmental Protection and Natural Resources
Engr. Anselmo Ortiz Jr.
Ms. Zenia G. Mostoles EdD
Assistant Schools Division Superintendent
Ms. Catalina Marcelo
Mr. Oscar Nicodemus
Ms. Estrellita SP. Mendoza
Mr. Melencio D. Domingo
SECTION II. Functions of the Committee
- Formulates policies, plans, programs and projects towards the fulfilment of the provisions of the Organic Agriculture Act of 2012 within the City of Malolos.
- Approves and oversees the implementation of the programs and projects meant to observe and promote organic agriculture within the City of Malolos.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the programs and projects implemented by the City Government concerning organic agriculture.
- Summons and/or partners with concerned non-government organizations, members of the private sectors, and other government agencies and instrumentalities in spearheading, implementing and carrying out the plans, programs and projects that will develop organic agriculture within the City of Malolos.
- Submits periodic reports to the Provincial Government.
SECTION III. The Secretariat and its Functions
The Office of the City Agriculturist shall serve as the secretariat of the Executive Committee and shall perform the following:
- Takes charge in the preparations of the committee’s meetings and prepares the minutes therefore;
- Takes custody of all the documents concerning the Local Executive Committee on Organic Agriculture without prejudice to its responsibility to furnish the Office of the City Mayor copy of the same documents when so requested.
- Performs all other duties the Local Executive Committee on Organic Agriculture may so assign.
SECTION IV. Effectivity
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately upon signing
Signed this 12th day of March year 2012.
ATTY.CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD