Republic of the Philippines
Province of Bulacan
City of Malolos
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 04-2012
AN ORDER CREATING THE LOCAL COUNCIL FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN INCORPORATING THERETO THE EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE.
WHEREAS, Article XV Section 3(2) of the 1987 Philippine Constitution mandates that the State shall defend the right of children to assistance, including proper care and nutrition, and special protection from all forms of neglect, abuse, cruelty, exploitation, and other conditions prejudicial to their development;
WHEREAS, Article 359 of the New Civil Code provides that the government will establish whenever possible Councils for the Protection of Children;
WHEREAS, DILG Memorandum Circular 2002-121 enjoins all Local Chief Executives to organize a Local Council for the Protection of Children;
WHEREAS, Section 8 (c) of The Early Childhood Care and Development Act (Republic Act 8980) mandates that there shall be created in every city and municipality a City/Municipal ECCD Coordinating Committee;
WHEREAS, The functions of the Local Council for the Protection of Children and the functions of the Early Childhood Care and Development Committee have the same objectives; thus, the need to incorporate the latter to the former;
WHEREAS, Section 455 (2iii) of the Local Government Code empowers the City Mayor to issue such executive orders for the faithful and appropriate enforcement and execution of laws;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD, Local Chief Executive of the City of Malolos in the Province of Bulacan, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the creation of the Local Council for the Protection of Children with the following provisions:
SECTION I. Composition of the Local Council for the Protection of Children
|Chairman -||Hon. Christian D. Natividad
|Co-Chairman||Hon. Gilbert T. Gatchalian
|Members||Hon. Hon. Alma A. Gatchalian
Committee on Women and Family Relations Chair
|Engr. Anselmo Ortiz Jr.
City Local Government Operations Officer
|Dr. Zenaida Mostoles EdD
Officer-in-Charge City School Division
|Mr. Ravenal S. Ramos
City Public Employment Service Manager
|Engr. Gaudencio A. Carlos
City Planning and Development Coordinator
|Mr. Delfin G. Natividad
City Budget Officer
|Dr. Victor Antonino R. Batanes
City Health Officer
|Ms. Lolita SP. Santos
City Social Welfare and Development Officer
|Ms. Evangeline Paguntalan
City Nutrition Division Head
|PSupt. David N. Poklay
Chief of Police
|Ms. Adoracion J. Quinto
|Hon. Dionisio D. Mendoza
|Hon. Mark Paolo SD. Manaysay
SK Federation President
SECTION II. Functions of the Local Council for the Protection of Children
- The LCPC shall function as the core local institution for child-related programs as provided by DILG Memo Circular 2008-126; Thus, it shall plan and spearhead programs for children at the local level with the end in view of making the locality child friendly.
- Acts as the primary agency that coordinates and assists the local government unit in the formulation of a comprehensive plan on juvenile delinquency prevention and oversees its proper implementation as mandated by Title III Chapter I Section 15 of the Juvenile Justice and Welfare Act of 2006.
- Provides and coordinates linkages with other agencies and institutions in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of plans for children.
- Establishes and maintains database of statistics, studies, and programs for children.
- Recommends local legislations promoting child survival, protection, participation and development, with appropriate funding support.
- Documents best practices on children within the city.
- Performs such other functions as may be required by law.
SECTION III. The Secretariat
The City Social Welfare and Development Office shall act as the secretariat of the Local Council for the Protection of Children.
SECTION IV. Meetings
The Local Council for the Protection of Children shall conduct quarterly meetings and special meetings, the agenda of which shall include policies/programs/projects/activities relative to the promotion of the rights and welfare of children. Minutes of said meetings shall be prepared by the Secretariat duly signed by the Secretariat Head and the attendees with the corresponding attendance sheet attached to the minutes.
SECTION V. Effectivity
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately upon its signing.
Signed this 16th day of May 2012.
ATTY.CHRISTIAN D. NATIVIDAD