HISTORICAL SITES AND LANDMARKS
- Barasoain Church, located in Paseo del Congreso.Erected in 1885 actually its a second building on the site,the first one was burned in May 1884.It is the site of the very First Philippine Congress in September 15, 1898 and the Inauguration of the First Philippine Republic in January 23, 1899.In this church the Oath of Office of Emilio Aguinaldo and Joseph Estrada as Philippine presidents had take place.
- Casa Real de Malolos, Built in 1580,residence and office of the Gobernadorcillo of Malolos until 1673.It was used as Casa Tribunal of Pueblo de Barasoain in 1859.During American Occupation of Malolos,it was used again as the Municipal Hall of unified towns of Malolos,Barasoain and Sta Isabel in 1903-1940,Bulacan High School Annex in 1941.During Japanese period,served as office of Japanese Chamber of Commerce (1941–1944),in 1945 it became headquarters of Auxiliary Unit of US Army.In 1946 served as Temporary Provincial Capitol of Bulacan because the province capitol was damaged during World War II.In 1947,Bulacan Trade School,1948 a Branch of Philippine National Bank.And in 1950,Malolos Postal Office.Today it is a Museum maintained by the National Historical Institute containing artifacts and memorabilia holding relics of the 21 Women of Malolos.
- The Kalayaan Tree, a hundred year-old Siar tree.During the First Philippine Republic. President Aguinaldo and other of his Officials,holds some important meetings under this tree located in front of the Malolos Cathedral. Kalayaan is the Filipino word for freedom.
- Malolos Cathedral Erected in 1580 the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Malolos.Unknown to many,Malolos Cathedral actually the served as Executive Palace during Aguinaldo's Presidency.
- Jose Cojuangco Mansion at Paseo Del Congreso near Barasoain Church, the old and original house of Jose Chichioco-Cojuangco, Sr.
- Bautista-Uytangcoy Mansion along Sto. Niño St., behind the Adriano House, has ornately sculpted Neo-Classic touches and was built in the 1850s and redecorated in 1877 in the French Art Nouveau style. It was the Secretaria de Fomento and home of Don Antonio Bautista, Aguinaldo's Secretary of the Interior. It contains heirloom memorabilia including the original KKK flag and here, Jose Rizal and Marcelo H. del Pilar spoke to the 21 women of Malolos on June 27, 1892.